10 x 10 Draughts Folding Case Set 25cm
10 X 10 folding draughts set (25cm)
ETA: 1 working day + transit time
- A well made 10 x 10 folding draughts set manufactured from natural stained wood
- 10 x 10 draughts is considered a superior game to the 8 x 8 game more commonly played
- Also known as Polish Draughts or International Draughts
- A good game of skill and strategy for all ages to enjoy
- A smaller size set that's very portable - ideal for travel
In Europe and America, Draughts (or Checkers) is almost always played on an 8 x 8 chequerboard. However, there is a superior game called Polish Draughts or International Draughts that is played on a 10 x 10 board. Particularly popular in France and Africa and often played at international competition level, 10 x 10 draughts significantly increases the complexity of the game, especially when played using "Super Jumps".
10 x 10 chequerboards are increasingly difficult to obtain but Masters Traditional Games has sourced this 10 x 10 folding draughts case set. The board is not a high quality, inlaid item but it is well-made from natural stained wood.
Approx closed dimensions are 25.5 x 13 x 5 cm, i.e. board is 25.5cm square when opened.
Set includes 40 draughts / checkers pieces in natural wood and stained dark brown.
Open: 25 x 25cm. Each square 25mm.
Open: 9.8x9.8 inch. Each square 1 inch.