Roman Ludus Latrunculi game
Roman Ludus Latrunculi - replica leather board with wooden pieces
ETA: 1 working day + transit time
- Classic Roman board games found at dozens of ancient Roman sites and graves across Europe
- A straight-forward strategic war-game. Easy to learn but with some depth
- Great fun while also helping teach history and strategy
- Hand-made in Britain by a craftsman specialising in leatherwork
- Real leather roll-up board conveniently stores with the pieces in a cardboard tube
- Made in Britain
- Language of Rules/Instructions: English
- For ages: 6+
- Number of players: 2
- Average game time: 10 minutes
Latrunculi is the classic Roman board game that has been found at dozens of archeological sites and in Roman graves across Europe. Also known as Ludus Latrunculorum, Latrunculi is a straight-forward strategy board game of war. Two competing sides capture as many of the opposing pieces until the game comes to a natural end.
Our version of Latrunculi consists of a replica leather board together with wooden pieces. It is has been hand-made in Britain by a craftshop experienced in making authentic period games. The game comes in a cardboard tube for easy storage and is complete with historically accurate rules using the latest research from Masters Games.
Latrunculi is both an interesting historical game as well as a fun strategic game. Great for children for both historical interest and logical thinking. Suitable for museums and schools and also make a great gift for someone interested in games history.
Board 26cm square. Tube 28cm long
Board 10.2 inch square. Tube 11 inch long
Contains small parts. Unsuitable for children under 36 months.