Hand Made Pachisi Board
- Hand made wooden Pachisi board with an inlaid wooden playing surface.
- Comes with 6 real cowrie shells and three long dice
- Wonderfully crafted bee-hive shaped painted wooden playing pieces
- Pachisi is the National Game of India. Ludo is based on Pachisi but Pachisi is more interesting.
- Pieces are stored in the wooden draw underneath. Easy to learn for children and adults.
Pachisi is the National Game of India. Although many western imitations of the game exist such as Ludo from England and the American Parcheesi, nothing compares with the original.
Pachisi and the older and more complicated Chaupur (which can also be played with this board) are games of skill - suitable for both adults and children.
This is a hand made wooden Pachisi board with an inlaid wooden playing surface. There is also a wooden sliding storage drawer for the playing pieces. We also have available the same box with a much less expensive vinyl playing surface.
Accompanying the board are six real cowrie shells, the forerunner to dice that must be used to give the correct moves and authentic flavour to the game. Also included are the wonderfully crafted wooden playing pieces and a set of rules.
Sets of three "long dice" are also included. Enthusiasts wishing to play the game of Chaupar will require them. Historical game connoisseurs might find them useful for other games, too. They are numbered 1, 2, 5 & 6.
42 x 42 x 4.5cm
Contains small parts. Not suitable for children under 3 years.