Pencil Oware Mancala Game - Sankofa Symbol, with Bonduc Seeds
Authentic Oware Mancala Game - Sankofa symbol, mahogany finish, pencil style with bonduc seeds
Apologies - out of stock. Date new stock due: unknown. Email us to be notified when new stock arrives.
ETA: 1 working day + transit time
Masters Traditional Games has gone to great lengths to obtain genuine Oware boards from West Africa. It is easy to buy Chinese-manufactured boards but why do that when you can have the real thing?
- Genuine pencil Oware game imported from Ghana
- Hand-made by a Ghanaian craftsman and provided with Bonduc seeds and rules
- Interesting carved exterior design that can be folded away to store the seeds
- Oware is an example of the classic game of Africa played by Grandmasters but still easy to learn
- Suitable for all ages over 5 and for kids develops maths and strategy skills while having fun
- Language of Rules/Instructions: English
- For ages: 6+
- Number of players: 2
- Average game time: 15 minutes
These straightforward boards are hand-made in Ghana from a hardwood of the Mahogany family but do not have storage holes for the captured seeds. This version has a Sankofa symbol carved into the top which is a bird that symbolizes taking from the past what is good and bringing it into the present in order to make positive progress.
Includes real Bonduc seeds ((not glass beads as pictured) and a rules sheet. If you want to play Mancala the proper way, then this is your chance!
45 x 8 x 6cm high when closed. 0.6kg.
17.7x3.1x2.4 inch high when closed. 1lb, 5oz.
Note: Products on this page are genuinely hand-made by a craftsman in a third-world country. Minor cosmetic imperfections are the norm - items are often not symetrical, cases sometimes don't fold perfectly, hinges are poor quality etc. If you seek pristine, manufactured items, then this item is not for you. But if you delight in the originality and charm of authentic ethnic craft, you should not be disappointed.
Contains small parts. Unsuitable for children under 36 months.