ETA: 1 working day + transit time
A beautiful version of Surakarta with a truly eye catching design.
The fascinating board is crafted from Beech wood and moving the pieces around the loops is particularly satisfying.
Supplied with the game is a set of 24 playing pieces (12 cream and 12 black) and a set of rules.
Board - 310 x 310 x 10mm, weight - 409gBoard - 12.2x12.2x0.4 inch, weight - 14oz
- Interesting abstract strategy game originating in Indonesia
- Eye catching colourful design ensures this board stands out as well as serving as an enjoyable game
- Board is well crafted form Beech wood and includes beech wood playing pieces and a set of rules
- The unusual layout of the board makes this a truly fascinating game for all ages
- Easy to learn but reasonably deep and difficult to master
- Language of Rules/Instructions: Spanish, English
- For ages: 6+
- Number of players: 2
- Average game time: 20 minutes
The game is reasonably easy to learn but as with most strategy games, there are complexities that take time to master.
Surakarta, also know as Roundabouts, is an interesting abstract strategy game from Indonesia. The board has an unusual layout and gives rise to the game's unique method of capture which can only be achieved by a piece that first travels around one of the corner loops! A colourful game, Surakarta is easy to learn but reasonably deep and is both fascinating and enjoyable for children and adults alike. The game of Surakarta is named after the large town on the island of Java and in Indonesia it is called Permainan which translates simply as 'The Game'. Surakarta is also played across China and Korea and was first brought to Europe in 1870.