10 x 10 International Draughts / Checkers Folding Case Set (40cm
10 x 10 International Draughts / Checkers Folding Case Set (40cm)
Apologies - out of stock. Date new stock due: unknown. Email us to be notified when new stock arrives.
ETA: 1 working day + transit time
- 10 x 10 International Draughts / Checkers case set - folding board with wooden draughts
- Beautiful wooden board and case with inlaid squares
- 40 x 25mm diameter draughts / checkers included - made from hornbeam and sycamore
- Case folds to store pieces in inset tray
- Polish or International Draughts is considered superior to the more common 8 x 8 game
In Europe and America, Draughts (or Checkers) is almost always played on an 8 x 8 board. However, there is a superior game called Polish / International Draughts that is played on a larger 10 x 10 board.
Particularly popular in France and Africa, and often played at international competition level, 10 x 10 Draughts significantly increases the complexity - and arguably the enjoyment - of the game, especially when played using "Super Jumps".
10 x 10 chequerboards are increasingly difficult to obtain but Masters Traditional Games has sourced this excellent 10 x 10 Draughts set case. Featuring an inlaid folding wooden board / case and nicely crafted wooden Draughts pieces, this is a good size, complete set at at an affordable price.
There are 40 draughts / checkers pieces included. The board measures approximately 40cm square when open during play. When not in use, the board folds to form a storage case for the playing pieces.
Case (closed): 394 x 200 x 42mm. Checkers (diameter): 25mm
Case (closed): 15.5x7.9x1.7 inch. Checkers (diameter): 1 inch
Contains small parts. Unsuitable for children younger than 4 years old.