Large Teak Chess Set (without board)
- Beautiful Chess pieces made from sustainable Teak
- Pieces are four times the size of ordinary chess pieces with King at 20cm high
- Suitable for light outdoor use - showerproof only
- Wonderfully hand-crafted and exquisitely finished
- Board not included
This beautiful large chess set is made up of hand crafted Teak chess pieces. The Teak used is sourced from Indonesia and is amongst the finest in the world and fully sustainable.
Each large chess piece is individually made and polished resulted in a truly stunning chess set perfect for any home or garden. They are certainly vastly superior to the more common plastic garden Chess pieces.
The King piece stands at 20 cm tall with the Pawns measuring 10cm. The Pieces are approximately four times the size of a standard chess set and are still light enough to be transported easily.
Beautiful and elegant, strong and durable, these Large Teak chess pieces will provide much fun and entertainment as well as adding a touch of glamour to any room or garden.
The dimensions of the pieces included in this set are as follows:
- 2 Kings - 8.5cm (4") wide, 20cm (8") tall, and around 0.3kgs in weight per piece
- 2 Queens - 8.5cm (4") wide, 19cm (7.5") tall, and around 0.3kgs in weight
- 4 Bishops - 7cm (3") wide, 17cm (6.5") tall, and around 0.2kgs in weight
- 4 Knights - 7cm (3") wide, 15cm (6") tall, and around 0.2kgs in weight
- 4 Rooks - 7.5cm (3") wide, 12.5cm (5") tall, and around 0.1kgs in weight
- 16 Pawns - 6cm (2.5") wide, 10cm (4") tall, and around 0.1kgs in weight
(Width is measured as the diameter of the base, and height is the distance between the base to the top of each chess piece).
Please note that a board is NOT included.
20cm high king with 8.5cm diameter base. Total weight of set - 5kg
7.9 inch high king with 3.3 inch diameter base. Total weight of set - 11lb, 1oz
This game is showerproof and can be left outside overnight during summer months. However, it should be brought inside in extreme weather and should be stored in a dry place over winter.