Thunderbirds Board Games
Gerry Anderson's Thunderbirds is a unique Sci-Fi TV series from the 1960s which has stood the test of time and which in 2014 was re-launched as a brand new updated CGI TV series. The story surrounds an altruistic organisation called International Rescue who specialise in tackling desperate situations that normal rescue services cannot handle. At the heart of the organisation are the amazing machines called Thunderbirds piloted by Jeff Tracy and his five sons. Not forgetting Lady Penelope and her erstwhile chauffeur, Parker. Our games are based on the classic TV series, naturally.
Thunderbirds Classic 50th Anniversary 1,000 Question Trivia Game
- Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the original series of Gerry Anderson's Thunderbirds
- Contains questions spanning all the episodes from the classic original series.
- Move your game pawn and collect a scoring piece for each correct answer.
- Including 400 question cards - 6 pawns - 36 scoring pieces - dice - and rules
- For 2 -6 players. An ideal game / gift for all Thunderbirds buffs!
An ideal game / gift for all Thunderbirds buffs!
The game is played in a similar manner to Trivial Pursuit. Players move their game pieces according to the throw of dice. Each correct answer allows them to collect another piece of their little round Thunderbirds-themed Jigsaw. Once all the pieces are collected, the player has to get to the centre of the board which is achieved by answering 3 special Thunderbirds 'picture' questions.
For 2 -6 players
- 400 cards - 300 question cards & 100 picture cards
- sturdy cardboard game board
- 6 pawns
- 6 collecting bases
- 36 scoring pieces
Thunderbirds Co-operative Board Game
- Terrific game based on the original classic TV series Thunderbirds
- One of the best co-operative board games around - designed by Matt Leacock himself
- Gameplay is enjoyable - even for those who know nothing about Thunderbirds
- Quality cards with board and nice model Thunderbirds to move about the board
- Deal with all types of disasters while ensuring that the dastardly Hood's plans don't succeed!
The genre of 'co-operative board games' first came to light when Matt Leacock published Pandemic, which was a seminal moment. It didn't take long for enthusiasts of the Thunderbirds TV series to realise that the idea of disasters being curtailed all over the world by International Rescue, lends itself perfectly to this new format.
So in 2015, a Kickstarter campaign was launched with the objective of raising £20,000 to create such a game and Matt Leacock himself promised to undertake the necessary game invention work. As of 2017, more than £200,000 has been pledged for this cause so it's apparent that a lot of people thought it was a good idea.
It was! Thunderbirds Co-operative board game is just about the best co-operative game around. Each player is allocated a character from the series such as Lady Penelope or Gordon Tracy. Disasters occur globally and players have to dispatch Thunderbirds to deal with them. Thunderbird 2 can carry a number of pod vehicles, each one designed to face different scenarios. Thunderbird 3 launches into space and can dock with Thunderbird 5 to move characters like John Tracy and Lady Penelope from one vehicle to another.
Meanwhile the ominous Hood moves forward his dastardly plans and every so often throws in another emergency for the Thunderbirds to deal with. If the Hood reaches the end of his trail of destruction before International Rescue deal with his final evil plot, the players lose...
The quality of the game is such that you don't need to know anything about Thunderbirds to play but obviously if you're a fan you're going to enjoy it all the more. Everything is based faithfully on the original series and the little models are a real treat to use.
Contains small parts. Unsuitable for children younger than 4 years old.
Thunderbirds 50th Anniversary Chess Set
- Thunderbirds themed chess set
- A must-have 3D chess game to celebrate the 50th anniversary of Thunderbirds
- Features Jeff Tracey as the King piece and Lady Penelope as the Queen
- Plastic pieces coated with metallic paint
- Chess board with Thunderbird 3 embedded graphics
A great looking Chess set, produced to celebrate the 50th anniversary, that is a must have for enthusiasts of the original Thunderbirds series.
Featuring a folding Chess board with Thunderbird 3 embedded graphics combined with nice metallic coloured 3D pieces resembling all the classic characters.
- King: Jeff Tracey
- Queen: Lady Penelope
- Bishop: Thunderbird 3
- Knight: Thunderbird 2
- Castle: Thunderbird 1
- Pawns: A combination of the Tracey brothers
The pieces are light and appear to be plastic with a metallic paint - lighter pieces with a silver chrome finish and darker pieces with a gun metal finish.