Wooden Oware Game with Seeds
An authentic, folding, wooden Oware board supplied with real seeds to use as the playing pieces.
The folding board is robustly constructed and nicely finished. It features an attractive, decorative carved lid design that's unique to each set and inside are 12 carved seed pits.Included with the board are 48 seed playing pieces.
Note: Products on this page are genuinely hand-made by a craftsman in a third-world country. Minor cosmetic imperfections are the norm - items are often not symetrical, cases sometimes don't fold perfectly, hinges are poor quality etc. If you seek pristine, manufactured items, then this item is not for you. But if you delight in the originality and charm of authentic ethnic craft, you should not be disappointed.
Contains small parts. Unsuitable for children under 36 months.
- Authentic wooden Oware game with a wooden board and seeds
- Supplied with genuine seed playing pieces
- Decorative carved lid design - each set is unique and may not match the product photo
- A folding hinged wooden board with carved pits - well crafted and nicely finished
- Oware / Mancala is a timeless strategy game originating from Africa
- Language of Rules/Instructions: French, English
- For ages: 6+
- Number of players: 2
- Average game time: 15 minutes
Oware goes by many names (Mancala, Bao) and is the classic game of Africa that could well be the oldest board game in the world. It is a great game of strategy that is simple to learn and can be a useful, entertaining learning aid for children, enhancing both maths and strategy skills.