Extended Pencil Oware - Akoben symbol
Extended Pencil folding Mancala Oware game (with bonduc seeds, Mahogany)
Apologies - out of stock. Date new stock due: unknown. Email us to be notified when new stock arrives.
ETA: 2 working days + transit time
Masters Traditional Games has gone to great lengths to obtain genuine Oware boards from West Africa. It is easy to buy Chinese-manufactured boards but why do that when you can have the real thing?
- Genuine Oware game imported from Ghana
- Hand-made by a Ghanaian craftsman and provided with Bonduc seeds and rules
- Interesting carved exterior design that can be folded away to store the seeds
- Oware is an example of the classic game of Africa played by Grandmasters but still easy to learn
- Suitable for all ages over 5 and for kids develops maths and strategy skills while having fun
- Language of Rules/Instructions: English
- For ages: 6+
- Number of players: 2
- Average game time: 15 minutes
These boards are hand-made in Ghana from a hardwood of the Mahogany family. They are extended versions of the simple pencil Mancala games with the advantage of storage holes at either end for the captured seeds. This version has an Akoben symbol carved into the exterior which is the Adinkra symbol for a war horn.
Includes real Bonduc seeds and a rules sheet. If you want to play Mancala the proper way, then this is your chance!
54 x 9 x 5cm high when closed. 0.8kg
21.3x3.5x2 inch high when closed. 1lb, 12oz
Note: Products on this page are genuinely hand-made by a craftsman in a third-world country. Minor cosmetic imperfections are the norm - items are often not symetrical, cases sometimes don't fold perfectly, hinges are poor quality etc. If you seek pristine, manufactured items, then this item is not for you. But if you delight in the originality and charm of authentic ethnic craft, you should not be disappointed.
Contains small parts. Unsuitable for children under 36 months.