Codenames is a fun yet challenging word game that works well in groups of up to 8 or more players. On the face of it, it is a simple game yet it offers challenging gameplay and lots of entertainment.
- 2016 Game of the Year award winner
- Clever word game for 8+ players
- A simple premise but offers challenging gameplay
- A great game for groups and parties
- Try to figure out the codenames of all your agents to win
- Language of Rules/Instructions: English
- For ages: 14+
- Number of players: 2 - 10
- Average game time: 15 minutes
Codenames was crowned the 2016 game of the year at the prestigious Spiel des Jahres awards in Germany. It is also rated the number 1 party game on Board Game Geek.
Players: 2 - 8+
Game time: 15min