ETA: 1 working day + transit time
- Peaceful strategy game of economic development in Roman times
- No luck or random dice rolls, players must rely on their strategic abilities
- Guide a mighty Roman dynasty and send colonists to the remote realms of the Empire to develop your trade network
- Multi award winning game with a good level of complexity, but still approachable for less experienced gamers
- For ages: 13+
- Number of players: 2 - 5
- Average game time: 90 minutes
Two thousand years ago, the Roman Empire ruled the lands around the Mediterranean Sea. With peace at the borders, harmony inside the provinces, uniform law, and a common currency, the economy thrived and gave rise to mighty Roman dynasties. Guide one of these dynasties and send colonists to remote realms of the Empire, develop your trade network and appease the ancient gods for their favour — all to gain the chance to emerge victorious.
Concordia is a peaceful strategy game of economic development in Roman times. Instead of random dice rolls and cards, players must rely on their strategic abilities. In the game, colonists are sent out from Rome to settle down in cities that produce bricks, food, tools, wine, and cloth.
Each player starts with an identical set of playing cards and acquires more cards during the game. These cards serve two purposes:
- They allow a player to choose actions during the game.
- They are worth victory points (VPs) at the end of the game.
Concordia is a strategy game that requires advance planning and consideration of your opponent's moves. Every game is different, not only because of the sequence of new cards, but also due to the modular layout of cities. When all cards have been sold or after the first player builds his 15th house, the game ends. The player with the most VPs from the gods (Jupiter, Saturnus, Mercurius, Minerva, Vesta, etc.) wins the game.
Contains small parts. Unsuitable for children under 36 months.