Jaipur (2nd edition)
ETA: 1 working day + transit time
- A fast-paced card game for 2 players that's easy to learn and lots of fun
- New edition, beautifully illustrated by Vincent Dutrait
- A trading game of tactics and risk
- Will you or your opponent become the Maharaja's personal trader?
- Language of Rules/Instructions: German, Spanish, French, English
- For ages: 10+
- Number of players: 2
- Average game time: 30 minutes
Jaipur is a subtle trading game for 2 players. Easy to learn, fast to play and beautifully illustrated, it's a good blend of tactics, risk and luck.
Buy trade and sell at better rates than your competitor and thus become the Maharaja's personal trader.
- In Jaipur, you are hoping to become the Maharaja’s personal trader by amassing more riches than your opponent at the end of each week.
- To do so, collect and exchange goods at the market, then sell them for rupees. If you manage to arrange a larger sale, you’ll receive a reward.
- The camels have no sale value, but they’re very useful for trading, especially when you want a lot of goods from the market.
- At the end of each round (a week in the game), the richest trader receives a Seal of Excellence. The first player to collect 2 Seals of Excellence wins the game.
- Originally released in 2009 and rewarded with multiple prizes in many countries, Jaipur is a two-players classic game. It now sports a new, gorgeous art by Vincent Dutrait.
- The gameplay is simple yet very subtle. On your turn, you either take cards (by trading them for cards in your hand or for camels) OR sell goods.
- Beware your hand limit (of seven cards) and the opportunities you create for your opponent by selling goods or making camels available! Every choice matters in this tactical game with deep strategy yet simple mechanics.
- Using a clever exchange mechanic and very simple actions, Jaipur offers a real challenge for both new and experienced players.
18 x 13 x 4cm7.1x5.1x1.6 inch
Contains small parts. Unsuitable for children under 36 months.