Masters Hand-Made Oak Push Penny board
Masters Oak Push Penny board with 5 unsmoothed old English Pennies, chalk & rules
Apologies - we cannot source this product at present so it is suspended. It is hoped that we will find another source in the long term but we cannot guarantee it.
- Old game of Push Penny - an ancestor of shove ha'penny played with the slightly larger coin
- Fun for all ages played at home but also played competitively in pubs in England
- Beautiful solid Oak wood board hand-made in England by a local craftsman
- Baton at front to prevent board slipping and rear retaining plank keeps the pennies on the board
- Comes with chalk - rules - and 5 unsmoothed old English pennies
- Made in Britain
We are always looking out for old Pub games when we learnt that Push Penny is a rare old game still played in parts of Lincolnshire, we were soon on the case.
Push Penny is just like Shove Ha'penny but played with old English Pennies on a slightly larger board. It dates from centuries ago and seems to be older than Shove Ha'penny.
The specification of our beautiful board conforms to the last Push Penny league remaining in Britain. It is made from 2 or 3 pieces of solid Oak and features the retaining baton underneath at the front of the board to prevent the board slipping in play. At the rear is a slightly raised plank so that the coins don't fall off the board.
These coins are un-smoothed but can be smoothed manually with the aid of some emery paper and elbow grease. In the Stamford Push Penny league, the coins are usually ground to different degrees resulting in 3 coins of 3 different weights - allowing for more interest and skill for better players.
Made by hand in England, the board is tactile and polished to a very smooth finish providing the perfect playing surface. It comes with rules, a piece of chalk and with 5 old English pennies (although purists may wish to play Push Penny the traditional way with only 3).
Set of 5 unsmoothed old English Pennies for Push Penny
ETA: 1 working day + transit time
56 x 32 x 6cm