Philos Folding Tournament Go Set - glass stones & plastic bowls
Philos Folding Tournament Go Set - with glass stones & plastic bowls
ETA: 1 working day + transit time
A nice Go set consisting of a folding wooden board (with full size 19 x 19 grid), glass go stones and plastic storage bowls. This is a great entry-level or beginner set at an affordable price.
Board (in play): 455 x 424 x 10mmBoard (in play): 17.9x16.7x0.4 inch
- Inexpensive Go set that includes everything needed to play
- Folding wooden board with glass stones and plastic bowls
- Stones are flat on one side which is the traditional Chinese shape
- Ideal set for beginners and casual players
- Decent quality components at an affordable price
- Language of Rules/Instructions: German, Danish, Spanish, French, English, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Swedish
- For ages: 8+
- Number of players: 2
- Average game time: 60 minutes
From Philos, the Go set includes everything needed to play this ancient game. Go is a truly fascinating and complex strategy game and requires even more brain power than Chess. The basics of the game are relatively simple to learn and it can be enjoyed by both adults and children but Go can take a lifetime (or longer) to master...
Whilst the wooden board is relatively basic, it is fine for most and features a full size, 19 x 19 grid. It is also a decent size, allowing for an enjoyable, unhindered game - smaller board and stone sets can be very fiddly. The board also folds along the centre for practical storage and transport.
Please note the glass Go stones included with this set are flat on one side. This shape is common with Chinese stones compared to the bi-convex shape of Japanese and Korean stones. An additional bonus to this set is the inclusion of plastic bowls. These are not only used to store all the stones but also hold captured stones during play.
An introduction to the rules are included but a more in depth guide can be found in the rules section of our website.
Contains small parts. Unsuitable for children under 36 months.