Ancient Egyptian Senet
Gaming boards of 3 x 10 squares have been found extensively in ancient Egyptian archaeological sites. The game was known to the ancient Egyptians as the Game of Thirty Squares or Senet (sometimes spelt Senat) and seems to have been extremely popular.
The rules of Senet have been deduced over time by games experts to a reasonable degree and the game is enjoyable for children and adults.
- Replica of the famous Ancient Egyptian board game
- Play as near as possible to the ancient rules with binary lots for dice
- Easy to play for children and adults or those interested in a bit of gaming history
- Wooden board with a pull-out drawer to contain the pieces
- Comes with uniquely shaped wooden pieces - Binary dice and rules included
The Senet board we sell here is a based on those found in various Egyptian tombs including those of Ramses III and Tutankhamen.
The hieroglyphics on the sides of the Senet board are reproductions of hieroglyphics found on a 3,000 year old papyrus and describe the "wandering of the soul in the underworld". It is very nicely crafted and comes with genuinely shaped pieces and binary lots (ancient dice).
The board is well made from hardwood and nicely decorated with clearly printed symbols and squares in contrasting colours. There is a pullout drawer for convenient storage of playing pieces - such a drawer also featured in many of the Senet boards found in ancient Egypt.
Board: 410 x 130 x 52mm
Board: 16.1x5.1x2 inch
Contains small parts. Unsuitable for children younger than 4 years old.
Ancient Egyptian Senet game (black)
- Senet (Senat or Sen't) was a game played by the ancient Egyptians and is an ancestor of Backgammon
- A contemporary minimalist design makes this the most stylish Senet game available today
- Manufactured from Beech and composition wood and includes pieces dice and rules
- A piece of history and serves as an entertaining game for all ages to enjoy
- Manufactured in Spain by renowned manufacturers Pico Pao
This stylish Ancient Egyptian Senet board features a minimalist contemporary design. The board is constructed from Beech and composition wood and painted black.
From Spanish manufacturer Pico Pao, the Senet game is supplied with 5 black playing pieces and 4 red beech wood dice as well as a set of rules.
The game has the standard layout and features the house of death and the bearing off squares so can be played with the standard rules, as we believe the game was played.
310 x 130 x 20mm, weight - 727g
12.2x5.1x0.8 inch, weight - 1lb, 10oz
Senet - Pastel Blue
- Replica Senet game in pastel blue box
- Integrated storage drawer for pieces
- Vintage finish enhances the authenticity
- Manufactured in Spain but small artisan craftshop
- Resin playing pieces and wooden binary dice
A nice Senet game in a pastel blue colour that closely resembles a board on display in the Brooklyn museum that has been dated to around 1390-1353 B.C.
The wooden box-design board comes complete with authentic looking resin playing pieces and wooden binary dice. The rustic finish and decoration, while not to everyone's taste, certainly adds a touch of authenticity to the game and gives it a vintage feel.
The wooden board also features a drawer to store away the pieces and wooden dice when not in use.
This game is hand made by a small artisan craftshop in Spain. Each game is very slightly different - the pieces are not always uniform and the wood has a colour-washed finish that is designed to give it a vintage look. This is not to everyone's taste so please do scrutinise the pictures before ordering.