Berkeley Chess Elizabethan Ornamental Chess Set
Berkeley Chess Elizabethan Ornamental Chess Set (cream & red, board not included)
Apologies - out of stock. Date new stock due: 28 Nov 2017. Email us to be notified when new stock arrives.
Or order now and we will dispatch the item as soon as it arrives. Note the date is not guaranteed - delays occasionally happen.
Eng/Wales ETA: 4 working days
- Elizabethan England Chess pieces made from ground stone resin
- In cream and red with shading and fine detail
- Pieces have felted bottoms
- King height of 4.75 inches - including base
- Chessboard not included
Made in Britain
An Elizabethan era inspired ornamental Chess set, manufactured in the UK from ground stone resin. The Elizabethan era is the epoch in English history marked by the reign of Queen Elizabeth I (1558–1603).
The Chess pieces in this set feature a superb attention to detail and are in contrasting cream and burgundy shadings. All have a nice weight and feel about them and all feature felted bottoms.
Elizabethan England has been encapsulated in this beautiful chess set created by the master craftsmen of Berkeley Chess. The characters bringing the era to life are as follows:
- King: Lord Burghley – Sir William Cecil, The Queen’s Chief Advisor
- Queen: Elizabeth I
- Bishop: Matthew Parker – Archbishop of Canterbury
- Knight: Sir Walter Raleigh
- Rook: White Tower of The Tower of London
- Pawns: Ships of the English Fleet
The King piece stands at 4.75 inches.
Please note that a Chessboard is not included.
King height: 12cm
King height: 4.75 inches