Berkeley Chess Roman Ornamental Chess set
Berkeley Chess Roman Ornamental Chess Set (cream & red, board not included)
Apologies - out of stock. Date new stock due: 18 Jan 2018. Email us to be notified when new stock arrives.
Eng/Wales ETA: 2 working days
- Ancient Rome inspired Chess pieces made from ground stone resin
- Includes many recognisable characters and uniforms synonymous with the Roman empire
- Chess pieces in cream and red with shading and fine detail
- Pieces have felted bottoms
- Chessboard not included
Made in Britain
A beautiful Roman inspired Chess set made from ground stone resin. Manufactured in the UK by Berkeley Chess, the Chessmen are wonderfully finished in contrasting cream and red shading and feature excellent levels of detail.
Featuring many recognisable characters from the Roman Empire and with a King height of 4.25 inches, the set is truly eye catching. The pieces are a good weight and also feature felted bottoms.
The skillful craftsmen of Berkeley Chess have recreated the imperious atmosphere of Rome with this classical chess set. The details of each piece are as follows:
- King: Julius Caesar
- Queen: A Lady of noble birth in typical dress
- Bishop: A Standard Bearer carrying the insignia of the Legion
- Knight: Equestrian soldier of the period
- Rook: A Roman garrison tower
- Pawn: Armed Legionnaire of the period
Please note that a board is not included.
King height: 11cm
King height: 4.25 inches