Berkeley Chess Royal Beasts Ornamental Chess Set
- Royal Beasts themed Chess pieces made from ground stone resin
- In cream and red with shading and fine detail
- Large heavy pieces in a distinctive design
- King height: 6 inches
- Chessboard not included
Made in Britain
From UK manufacturer Berkeley Chess, this is a truly remarkable Chess set based on the Royal Beast statues - made for the Queen's coronation in 1953 by the renowned James Woodford. Replicas of the fine sculptures now reside in Kew Gardens. Like the original statues, the Chess pieces are both beautiful and imposing.
Made from ground stone resin and featuring superb levels of detail, the set is a joy to behold and one to keep on display. The King is 6 inches high and all the pieces are heavy and have felted bottoms. The Chess pieces in this set are finished in cream and red which compliment the design and contrast nicely with each other.
The beasts depicted in this set include:
- The Lion of England
- The White Greyhound of Richmond
- The Yale of Beaufort
- The Red Dragon of Wales
- The White Horse of Hanover
- The White Lion of Mortimer
- The Unicorn of Scotland
- The Griffin of Edward III
- The Black Bull of Clarence
- The Falcon of the Plantagents
Please note that a Chess board is not included with this set. We recommend a board with 55mm squares for this Chess set.
King height: 15cm
King height: 6 inches