- 2018 'Spiel des Jahres' winner
- Lay tiles to embellish the walls of the Royal Palace of Evora
- Beautifully decorated game components
- 2 - 4 players / Ages 8+
- Captures the beautiful aesthetics of Moorish art in a contemporary board game
Azul invites you, a tile laying artist, to embellish the walls of the Royal Palace of Evora. The game perfectly captures the beauty of Moorish art and provides a unique challenge for all ages. A superb, contemporary abstract game, Azul was the 2018 'Spiel des Jahres' winner.
- Pick the tiles of the same colour from any factory display or from the general offer
- Align all tiles on one of your pattern lines
- Tile a wall in the wonderful Evora Palace and score points
Introduced by the Moors, 'Azulejos' (originally white and blue ceramic tiles) were fully embraced by the Portugese, when their king Manuel I, on a visit to the Alhambra palace in southern Spain, was mesmerised by the stunning beauty of the Moorish decorative tiles. The king, awestruck by the interior beauty of the Alhambra, immediately ordered that his own palace in Portugal be decorated with similar wall tiles.
- 100 resin tiles
- 4 player boards
- 9 factory displays
- 3 scoring markers
- 1 starting player marker
- 1 linen bag
- 1 rulebook
Contains small parts. Unsuitable for children under 36 months.