Four Rank Mancala (Bao, Hus, Omweso) - travel version
Four Rank Mancala (Hus, Omweso, Bao) - travel version
ETA: 1 working day + transit time
A four rank Mancala game presented in a lovely folding wooden board.
- Four rank Mancala game presented in a lovely folding wooden board
- Classic East African version of Mancala known as Bao
- Surprisingly complex game - ranks alongside Go and Chess
- Simple to learn but surprisingly deep game play
- This is the smaller travel version of this game - at 30cm long
- Language of Rules/Instructions: Czech, German, Danish, Spanish, French, English, Italian, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Swedish
- For ages: 6+
- Number of players: 2
- Average game time: 15 minutes
Players take turns to take the seeds from a pit and then drop them one by one in a clockwise direction but only on their side of the board. There are lots of variations in the rules on capturing but it usually involves a seed being played to an empty inner pit on the player's side capturing the seeds in the adjacent opposing inner pit. Captured seeds are then played on to the player's side. A player wins when the opponent cannot play or has no seeds left on their inner row of pits.
The game is relatively simple to learn but rather like most of the best games can be require deep thought when played well.
This is the smaller version of this product at around 30cm long and so is only suitable for smaller fingers and as a travel game. It comprises a a hardwood gameboard with colourful stones for pieces and rules.
300 x 250 x 20mm
Contains small parts. Unsuitable for children under 36 months.